Digital Assets incorporates content management into virtually every project we deploy. We offer WordPress as an affordable, flexible and easy to use content management system or we can build a custom solution to suit your specific needs.
WordPress is a popular open-source content management system that allows the end-user to manage their own site content. It’s a great tool for building blogs or full-blown websites.
A content management system is software that helps you manage the creation and updates to web pages on your web site. There is a tremendous demand for managing the ever expanding amount and types of content in a website, and a WordPress CMS allows the site owner to manage it.
Five Reasons to Use WordPress for Your Small Business Website
- SEO – WordPress provides good search engine optimization (SEO) right out of the box. There are a few tweaks we need to make, but there are many seo benefits that WordPress provides for free or with the addition of a plugin.
- Content – it’s easy to update content on your website without knowing HTML or other programming languages. Do you hate the idea of having to learn to use a complex HTML editor tool like Dreamweaver? Do you have to “ask” your webmaster every time you want to make a small change to your website? Well no longer – once WordPress is set up for you, you can easily create new pages or edit existing pages using a simple rich text editor.
- Support – If you do have problems, or want to add very custom features, it is easy to find support and developers who can help you. There are literally thousands of WordPress developers out there (including us). And there are so many people writing about WordPress that help is only a Google search away!
- Extensions – There is a thriving “eco-system” of developers creating plug-ins that give WordPress additional functionality, as well as themes or easily installed web designs. Imagine free design themes, or the ability to extend your website with polls, contact forms, ratings or hundreds of other cool features without having to hire a web developer. Plug-ins do that, many are free or very low-cost (donationware).
- Mobile – WordPress gives us the ability to easily adapt your website for mobile, serving up mobile-optimized content (fewer images, screen sized for mobile).